Inishowen Fire & Safety provide courses throughout Donegal, Sligo, Galway, Derry/Londonderry, and the rest of Northern Ireland
The purpose of our Safety Awareness Training course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to recognise and maintain good health and safety practices in a familiar supervised environment.
• To raise health and safety awareness of employees
• To cover different risks, hazards and controls associated with the workplace
• To raise awareness of fire safety
• Identify our main H&S legislation
• Understand the importance of accident and emergency response and procedures
• Identify the uses and requirements of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Promote Personal Hygiene practices
• Understand and implement hazard identification and risk assessment
Relevant Health and Safety Legislation
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – 2016
Any employee in the workplace who requires general health & safety training & manual handling training
• General Safety
• Duties of Employers and Employees
• Fire Safety
• Office Safety
• Accident / Incident Causes and Investigation
• Biological, Chemical and Physical Hazards
• Safety Signs
• Health Promotion
• First Aid
• Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control measures
• Manual Handling
• Participants should be familiar and have a good knowledge of their work environment.
• A good understanding of oral English is required.
Method of Delivery
• Practical Demonstrations
• Questions and Answers Sessions
• PowerPoint presentation
Participants must attend the full day and successfully complete all 20 short answer questions and a risk assessment project to achieve certification. Theses are completed during course time.